TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE VILLAGE INFRASTRUCTURE COMMITTEE
You are summoned to attend a meeting of the Village and Infrastructure Committee on Thursday 23rd January 2020 at 7.00pm at the Academy Suite, Holmes Chapel Community Centre.
Apologies - To receive any apologies for absence.
To receive Declarations of any a) disclosable pecuniary interests b) any other disclosable interests
as required under Chapter 7 of the Localism Act 2011.
Public Speaking- The Chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow questions from members of the public to
last no longer than 15 minutes. Public may also address the meeting at the Chairman’s discretion.
Committee minutes – To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 21st November 2019. (circulated separately)
Staff report – To receive any relevant updates from the Clerk.
Planning applications –
6.1 To consider any planning applications received:
(i) 19/5867C Land Off, BRAMHALL DRIVE, HOLMES CHAPEL - New Bungalow (resubmission of planning application reference 18/6386C) (report to follow)
(ii) 19/5937C 19A, The Square, LONDON ROAD, HOLMES CHAPEL, CW4 7AH - Change of use of an existing retail (barbers shop) unit into a juice bar/cafe, with both over the counter and sit-in facilities
(iii) 20/0046C 19, GRASMERE DRIVE, HOLMES CHAPEL, CHESHIRE, CW4 7JW - Rear Extension Garage 1 Conversion to Study Alteration to Front Canopy & Porch
(iv) 20/0035C MANOR BUSINESS PARK, MANOR LANE, HOLMES CHAPEL - Variation of Conditions 4, 22, 31, 35 & 36 on approval 18/4283C for Hybrid Planning Application for redevelopment of former Manor Lane Business Park site for mixed uses
7. Highways issues - 7.1 Highways - To note that there is a meeting planned with Highways on 30th January 2020.
Page 1 of 15
7.2 Manor Lane - To note the email received from a resident raising concerns over speeding on Manor Lane and discuss any actions. (See Appendix 1)
7.3 Parking on Verges - To note the response from Cllr Roberts re concerns raised by the Parish Council about parking on the verges and discuss any actions. (See Appendix 2)
7.4 Sandiford Road – To note the report ‘Assessment of the existing ‘No motor vehicles’ Except for Access Traffic Regulation Order’ and discuss any actions. (Report circulated separately)
7.5 Pedestrian Safety on Macclesfield Road – To note the email read out on behalf of a resident at the Full Council meeting on 12th December 2019 and discuss any actions (See Appendix 3)
7.6 Footways and Cycleways – To note the response from Cllr Roberts following submission of the cycling report and discuss any actions. (See Appendix 4)
7.7 A50/A54 Junction – To receive the notes from the meeting held with Cheshire East highways on Thursday 9th January (See Appendix 5)
8. M6 J19 Improvement Works – To receive a verbal update from Cllr Jackson following attendance at a CECA North-West Executive meeting at which he will have heard a presentation about the planned improvements.
Christmas Lights Consultation – To receive the report and approve any recommendations. (see Appendix 6)
CCTV - To receive a verbal update.
SIDs Update – To receive a verbal update.
Lighting – To note the concerns received by a resident about the lack of lighting on Manor Lane (see Appendix 7). Discuss whether the Parish Council should investigate providing lights on that road in view of the budget restraints from Cheshire East which mean additional lighting will not be provided.
13. Phone Box – To approve the quote of £148.18 (inc VAT) to clean, prepare and paint the phone box on Chester Road. To note this work would be carried out in the Spring.
14. Lengthsmen – To receive a verbal report on maintenance carried out by the Lengthsmen in November/December 2019.
15. Cheshire Fire Authority Draft Integrated Risk Management Plan 2020-2024 consultation – To note the consultation (with a deadline of Friday 20th March 2020) and decide any further actions. More information about the consultation can be found here: https://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/about-us/key- documents/irmp/irmp-202024-plan/irmp-202024-plan
Railway Station – To receive a verbal update.
Police Matters –
12.1 To note that there is a Police Cluster meeting on 27th January 2020. 12.2 To note the new Beat Management Inspector for Congleton & Sandbach is Kelly Ann Johnston.
Project List – To review the project list in relation to projects assigned to Village Infrastructure, especially those budgeted for the current financial year. (See Appendix 8)
19. Community Matters - To receive verbal reports on events/issues happening within the wider Community (any persons present can share information about the wider community and forthcoming events at the Chairman’s discretion).
Page 2 of 15
20. Future agenda items 21. To resolve to consider under Part II:
(i) Installation of the bench at Brookfield Drive
(ii) A50 Speed Report Response
Part II That under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, the public and representatives of the press and broadcast media may be excluded from the meeting during the consideration of the following items of business as publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest because of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.
22. Installation of the bench at Brookfield Drive – To receive the quotations for the bench installation at Brookfield Drive and decide which company to use (report circulated separately).
23. A50 Speed Report Response – To note the response and discuss any further actions. (letter circulated separately)