If you can spare an hour in the middle of the day tomorrow, head into the centre of the Village to watch the fabulous spectacle of Britain's premiere Cycling event - the Tour of Britain - whizzing through the centre of Holmes Chapel!
The athletes will be cycling into Holmes Chapel along Macclesfield Road, turning left at Barclays Bank and travelling south down the A50 towards Brereton. The cyclists are expected around noon, but they could be a bit earlier!
Its a great line up who are participating, including
· Sprinter Mark Cavendish (Deceuninck – Quick-Step), winner of the most stages in modern Tour of Britain history
· Tokyo 2020 medallists Wout van Aert (Team Jumbo – Visma), Ethan Hayter and Rohan Dennis (INEOS Grenadiers)
· Reigning UCI road world champion Julian Alaphilippe (Deceuninck – Quick-Step)
· Former Tour of Britain stage winners Michal Kwiatkowski (INEOS Grenadiers), André Greipel, Alex Dowsett, Matthias Brändle (Israel Start – Up Nation) and Tony Martin (Team Jumbo – Visma)
· Cycling stars Marc Soler (Movistar Team), Dan Martin, Michael Woods (Israel Start – Up Nation) and Richie Porte (INEOS Grenadiers)
· Four of the race’s former ŠKODA King of the Mountains winners: Xandro Meurisse (Alpecin – Fenix), Lukasz Owsian (Team Arkéa – Samsic), Nic Dlamini (Team Qhubeka NextHash) and Jacob Scott (Canyon dhb SunGod)
· Five reigning national road race champions, four reigning time trial champions
· 20 different nationalities represented
Hope you can make it out to cheer them on and wave for the cameras! Take some time also to admire the decorations in the centre of the Village, created by the Holmes Chapel Yarn Bombing group!